Dried flower trees make enchanting permanent displays and are especially valuable for placing in dark nooks and corners where house plants do not grow well. They are quite simple to make and there is a wide variety of different flower shapes and colours to choose from.
Making the tree , you will need:
- A plastic pot about 12in (30cm) in diameter
- A length of thin branch about 14in (35cm) high and 4ins (10cm) in circumtances
- Ball og florist’s foam
- Stub wires (stem wires)
- An attractive container
- Lady’s mantle (Alchemilla mollis)
- Purple statice
- White statice
- Sea Holly (Eriginium)
- Strawflower (Helichrysum bracteatum)
- Poppy seedhead (papaver)
- Sea Lavender (Limonium latifolium)
- Fresh moss
1. The finished tree is 27in (68cm) high. Use foil to line the pot and secure the length of branch inside with small stones. Mix the polyfilla into a paste and spoon into the pot until it is level with the surface.
click to view more. tq and happy crafting!