This is one of the organic house that participate in the exciting Lammas project with another 8 families and individuals. I found that this project is very interesting and I myself wish that this is my own house! . To be with nature is something that makes me calm inside and out. Seeing green with my own eyes is such a relief for my everyday stressed. I salute this family for making this plan a reality!
The eco-friendly home features:
- Fridge is cooled by air coming underground through foundations
- Skylight in roof lets in natural feeling light
- Solar panels for lighting, music and computing
- Water by gravity from nearby spring
- Compost toilet
- Roof water collects in pond for garden etc.
Quoted ” The attempt to find a synergy with nature is then the approach that we are using to design systems for living. These systems include buildings, food production, waste and water systems and much more. When we are working with rather than against nature, the rest of nature works with us and things become easy. This is Permaculture. ”
-Tomorrow am going to present about Global Warming issue in my TESL class. wish me luck!